VINTAGE WORKSHOP - Straight petticoat
VINTAGE PETTICOAT PATTERN
Saturday July 9, midday - 5pm
The WHITELANE Vintage petticoat pattern is a gently gathered vintage inspired petticoat based on a fabulous thrift store find. Deceptively simple in its construction, this petticoat is beautifully finished with French seams, a gathered flounce and simply adorned at the hem with delicate border lace.
This design is a beautiful layering piece with the majority of volume at the hem of the garment, suitable for a range of vintage silhouettes. The pattern itself is designed to teach new skills and introduce couture techniques to the novice sewer.
This is a beginner workshop with knowledge of basic sewing techniques required.
The skills required (or you will learn on the job) with this pattern are:
- French seams
- Lace application
- Gathered fabric
- Elastic waistband application
Materials are not provided for this workshop.
Participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
The following materials and supplies are required for this workshop
- 2M woven fabric. Suggested fabrics include silk organza, satin charmeuse or light fabrics with good fluid drape
- 2M of 50mm wide edge lace
- 1M of 20mm wide Picot elastic with plush backing
- 2M of eyelet lace
- 2M of 6mm wide satin ribbon
- Your sewing kit - scissors, hand needles, pins, measuring tape, etc
Whitelane will provide use of sewing machines, iron & pressing hams, cutting tables, fitting manikins (select sizes).