VINTAGE WORKSHOP - The Princess Coat
The Princess Coat
Monday evenings (May 2, 16 & 30 and June 13 & 27)
Workshop held over the course of 5 sessions, 3 hour each Monday 4pm to 7pm
Embrace your inner vintage diva with the Whitelane Vintage Workshop Series.
A fabulous coat is a requirement of a vintage wardrobe, enter the Princess Coat by Charm Patterns. This pattern features dramatic tailored coat options including full skirts, nipped waists, beautiful shawl collars, and dazzling oversized sleeves.
Join Whitelane for this workshop to make your very own princess coat, as part of the Vintage Wardrobe Series.
This is a intermediate workshop with a solid foundational knowledge of sewing techniques required. This workshop will also satisfy the more skilled sewist, with several sleeve and fit options available.
The skills required (or you will learn during) with this workshop are:
- Pattern cutting and grading between sizes
- Pattern adjustments
- Bound buttonholes
- Princess seams
- Shoulder pads and sleeve heads
- Bagged out hems
Materials are not provided for this workshop.
Participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
The following materials and supplies are required for this workshop
- Princess Coat pattern by Charm Patterns. This pattern is available as a printed hard copy or PDF version.
- Coat fabric (see meterage chart in pattern)
- Lining fabric (see meterage chart in pattern)
- Interfacing (see meterage chart in pattern)
- 1/2 M muslin/calico
- Scrap of silk organza (optional, to finish bound buttonholes)
- Thread to match fabric
- 3 x 30mm buttons or snaps
- Your sewing kit - scissors, hand needles, pins, measuring tape, etc
Whitelane will provide use of sewing machines, iron & pressing hams, cutting tables, fitting manikins (select sizes).