LINGERIE WORKSHOP - Corset Construction Techniques
Corset Construction Techniques
July 16th, 11am - 4pm
Workshop held on Saturday afternoon.
Embrace your inner Vixen with the Whitelane Lingerie Workshop Series.
Calling all dancers (burlesque and pole) or just those lingerie lovers out there who want to up their sewing game! Come along and dip your toes into the world of lingerie construction, with this unique skill from ages past. The holy grail of sewing skills, making a corset can be intimidating, but armed with the essential construction techniques, your corsetry sewing journey is only just starting.
Join Whitelane for this workshop to explore corsetry construction techniques, as part of the Lingerie Wardrobe Series.
This is an intermediate workshop with a solid foundational knowledge of sewing techniques required.
The skills required (or you will learn during) with this workshop are:
- Taking accurate measurements
- Pattern cutting
- Seam drafting
- Welt & faced seams
- Working with zippers, steel boning and eyelets
Materials are not provided for this workshop.
Workshop blocks of Whitelane "Louisa" corsetry patterns will be provided for use within this workshop, or you can bring along your own. Fabulous free resources can be found at Aranea Black
Participants will need to source their own materials as follows
- 1m densely woven fabric - cotton duck, heavy calico or brocade is recommended. Choose a utilitarian fabric, as we are making a working toile rather than a final product.
- Long zip ties
- Self separating zipper - metal is recommended (please email us for information on length, as this will be determined by your pattern)
- Thread to match your fabric
- 6m of ribbon for your laces
The following additional materials and supplies are required for this workshop
- Your sewing kit - scissors, hand needles, pins, measuring tape, etc
Whitelane will provide use of sewing machines, iron & pressing hams, cutting tables, fitting manikins (select sizes).