Estimates (valid for 28 days)
- An initial estimate is provided to you immediately following your initial consultation with reference to fabric preference, design, embellishment and purpose. This estimate is valid for a period of 28 days from the date of issue, but will change in value if alterations to your original design are made.
- A deposit of 50% of the total value of your estimate is required to secure your place in our construction schedule.
- Payment of this deposit confirms your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Written acceptance of these terms and conditions must accompany your deposit.
- Deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- Should you require your garment to be constructed by a certain date, this must be mentioned during your initial consultation. Whitelane is under no obligation to complete your garment by a set date unless it is explicitly stated in your contract.
- Completion of your garment within a stated timeframe will require the provision of necessary information including measurements, approval of toiles/mock-ups, attendance of fittings sessions and the completion of scheduled payments. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in delay in completion or application of our cancellation policy, at our discretion.
- Acceptance of urgent work is at our discretion and will attract a premium charge of and extra 20% of the total value.
- We do not provide a refund if you have changed your mind about an item you have partly of fully paid for.
- However, we will happily provide a refund, replacement or repair as required under Australian Law.
- Health and Hygiene Laws restrict the return of underwear/lingerie. This category of Whitelane purchased items must be in an unused condition with all swing tags and hygiene stickers attached to be considered for exchange or credit note. Worn underwear/lingerie not refundable.
- Your 50% deposit payable at the time of contract acceptance it to the exclusion of any other potential customers. As such, this deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- We will happily refund any payments made over this amount minus our reasonable cost for
- Work already commenced including concept design, measurement, pattern drafting and cutting charged at our standard hourly rate of $100/hour
- Materials purchased for your order, of which an itemised account of any cost incurred will be provided to you.
- Completed orders will incur full payment
- A complete set of measurements is taken during your initial consultation to which your garment will be made to. Expertise in taking measurements and drafting patterns is included as part of your service.
- You must bring the underwear/other garments/shoes that you intend to wear with your commission piece, so that accurate measurements can be taken. Please bring these garments to all fitting sessions.
- If dramatic weight loss or gain occurs between fittings, you will be charged for additional toile/mock-ups and pattern adjustments
Fittings and appointments
- Consultations and fittings are by appointment only and are held in our studio located in Toowoomba, Queensland. Fittings may be held at an alternative location within a 200km radius of our studio, which will incur a travel charge of $100.
- Consultations and fittings are conducted at a time that is mutually beneficial to the client and the Whitelane studio.
- Appointments last up to an hour, with longer appointments required for complex/multiple garment commissions.
- Please come to your fittings alone to ensure individual attention. Due to the nature of the workshop environment, individuals under the age of 16 are not permitted in the workshop space.
- Should you need to reschedule an appointment, please notify us 24hours in advance. Missed appointments will incur a charge of $100 to your account per instance.
- Fabrics and embellishments will be discussed during your initial consultation and sourced on your behalf as part of our service. Whitelane uses high quality silks and embellishments, while also providing additional surface decoration services.
- You will only be charged for the materials used in the construction of your garment. Any leftover materials supplied by Whitelane remain the property of the studio.
- All patterns drafted for the construction of your garment remain the intellectual property of Whitelane and are not for sale.
- Bespoke patterns are kept on file for 12 months for your exclusive use. Thereafter, these patterns are released into our general product line
Payments and collection
- Payments are accepted as cash, direct deposit or Paypal. All pricing is in Australian Dollars.
- A deposit of 50% of the total value of your commission is payable at the time of contract acceptance. Following this, the remaining value of your contract is payable in four instalments in conjunction with commission milestones (toile, first fitting, embellishment, collection)
- Once payment dates are provided, it is your responsibility to make payments on time. Failure to do so may result in the application of our cancellation policy. If you have missed a payment, contact must be established within 7 working days to arrange a new payment date, or our cancellation policy applies.
- Payment in full is required prior to the garment being collected/dispatched. No exceptions.
- Upon collection, garments are considered complete and have been made in accordance with your instructions, are free from defect and that you have accepted them. No further alterations or additions will be entered into once your garment has been collected and fully paid for.
Garment Care, repairs and alterations
Once your garment has been fully paid for and collected, it’s care is considered your responsibility. Care instructions will be provided with your completed garment. Your garment will be provided with a “Fit for Purpose” classification which determines its purpose in relation to it’s strength of construction. Failure to comply with care instructions or use the garment for other purposes than intended may result in damage and is not the responsibility of Whitelane to repair.
However, any damage that occurs to your garment due to our craftsmanship will be repaired free of charge.